This territory manager develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of products and services. The person in this position generally develops business with key or named accounts and may lead dedicated account teams.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections based on customer needs, product specifications and applicable regulations.
- Negotiate prices, terms of sale and service agreements.
- Ensure high post-sales satisfaction by facilitating positive, long-term relationships and high potential for repeat business with customers.
- Set account and territory plans on an annual, quarterly and monthly basis.
- Coach and mentor less experienced sales representatives as needed.